- Category: Blog Post
- Project date: 31 August, 2022
When should I see a doctor about my cough?
If any of the following symptoms are present, you should consult a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.
- Cough for more than one week
- Cough with bloody or purulent sputum
- High fever, chills
- Shortness of breath
- Severe chest or back pain
- Heavy nicotine use
- Other severe symptoms with an unclear cause
Patients suffering from a chronic respiratory disease should contact their doctor if the cough could be a sign of an increased disease activity.